National Alliance for Caregiving
- The National Alliance for Caregiving (NAC) is a leading national resource on family caregiving to improve the quality of life for families and care recipients. The Alliance is a non-profit coalition of more than forty national organizations focusing on family caregiving.
- Eldercare Locator is a public service of the U.S. Administration on Aging for older adults and their families, providing links to community services and resources. You may search by topic or region. You may also call them at 800.677.1116
Family Caregiver Alliance
- Family Caregiver Alliance (FCA) is a public voice for caregivers and has developed a wide array of services and publications based on caregiver needs with programs offered on the local, state, and national levels.
- A guide that provides comprehensive information on topics like available care options, financial support, and free resources that are available from each state.
How Can We Help Our Nation's Caregivers?
- The Parade Magazine article “How Can We Help Our Nation's Caregivers?” offers straightforward advice on how to find help and take care of oneself while taking care of a loved one.
Websites about Dementia-related Diseases
Lewy Body Dementia Assocation
- The Lewy Body Dementia Assocation (LBDA) is a non-profit organization dedicated to raising awareness of the second leading cause of dementia after Alzheimer’s Disease. The LBDA supports patients, families, and caregivers dealing with LBD, in addition to promoting scientific advances.
LBDA’s “Essays on Caregiving”
- LBDA’s “Essays on Caregiving” are personal stories written by caregivers for those with LBD.
- LBDA toll-free caregiver support line: 800.539.9767
- Alzheimer’s Association is the largest private non-profit funder of Alzheimer’s research Founded in 1980, their mission is to eliminate AD through the advancement of research; to provide and enhance care and support for all affected; and to reduce the risk of dementia through the promotion of brain health.
- 24/7 Alzheimer’s Association Helpline: 800.272.3900
National Parkinson Foundation
- The National Parkinson Foundation (NPF) is focused on meeting the needs in the care and treatment of people with Parkinson’s disease (PD) through research, education, and outreach. People with PD sometimes develop Parkinson’s Disease Dementia. For more information, call 800.4PD.INFO (473.4636) or email helpline (put the @ sign here) parkinson.org.
National Stroke Association
- The National Stroke Association’s webpage on Vascular Dementia and Stroke
Links to “Essays on Caregiving”
From the Lewy Body Dementia Association website. These essays appear in slightly altered versions as chapters in the manuscript.
November 1—An Irish
(Manuscript title: “Go Inward, Into Your Proper Darkness”)URL: lbda.org/node/355